Early childhood learning is a critical launchpad for every student's social, emotional, and intellectual growth. With What About Us?, you will discover how to achieve the full potential of PreK-2 classrooms through proven best practices aligned to the PLC at Work(R) process. Learn how to work in collaborative teams to determine essential standards, design assessments, monitor student progress, and more.
Use this resource to ensure every early childhood student gains the strong foundation necessary for an excellent education:
- Understand how the PLC at Work process and early childhood learning go hand-in-hand.
- Learn the various aspects of what goes into creating an effective PLC for early childhood learning.
- Explore the environmental, cultural, and academic needs of an early childhood learner in the formative years.
- Map out effective curricula that encompass the practices embodied by PLC at Work and promote social-emotional learning.
- Grasp the importance of operating effectively as a whole-school team.
Chapter 1: How the PLC Process Supports Collaborative Teams: Creating a Foundation of Learning
Chapter 2: What We Want Out Students to Know and Be Able to Do: Building a Curriculum
Chapter 3: What We Want Out Students to Know and Be Able to Do: Determining Essential Standards and Mapping Curriculum
Chapter 4: How We Know Students Have Learned: Unwrapping Standards and Setting Goals
Chapter 5: How We Know Students Have Learned: Designing Assessments
Chapter 6: How We Respond When Some Students Do or Do Not Learn: Conducting Data Discussions and Progress Monitoring
Chapter 7: How We Respond When Some Students Do or Do Not Learn: Planning Instruction Epilogue